Back to Calendar
Work Session Item 3.b.
City Council Work Session Agenda
Resolution Authorizing Execution of a Project Specific Agreement with Dallas County for Jupiter Road Maintenance Improvements
Strategic Focus Areas
Well-Maintained City Infrastructure
Consider a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Project Specific Agreement (PSA) with Dallas County for transportation improvements on portions of Jupiter Road from Forest Lane to the west Garland city limit.
1. Adopt a resolution which authorizes the City Manager or the Manager's designee to execute the Project Specific Agreement with Dallas County.
2. Take no action.
Option 1: Adopt a resolution which authorizes the City Manager or the Manager's designee to execute the PSA with Dallas County. Unless otherwise directed by Council, this item will be scheduled for formal consideration at the August 15, 2023 Regular Meeting.
1. On December 13, 2022, City Council authorized approval of a Master Interlocal Agreement with Dallas County that provides for a 50/50 cost share participation program for maintenance and repairs on certain qualifying roadways in the City.
2. The Master Agreement allows cities to then submit qualifying roadway repair projects to Dallas County for approval. Execution of a PSA is then required to identify specific projects, agency responsibilities, and funding commitments.
3. The general scope of the 2.4-mile Jupiter Road project consists of repairing deficient concrete pavement panels to proactively maintain the pavement service life.
4. The PSA establishes a total estimated cost of $4,100,000, split equally between the City and Dallas County at $2,050,000, respectively.
1. Council action is required to authorize the City Manager to execute the PSA with Dallas County.
2. The PSA was reviewed by the City Attorney's Office.
Resolution for PSA signature
Dallas County & COG PSA Agreement-Jupiter
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2023 Destiny Software Inc.
All Rights Reserved.