Regular City Council Meeting
Return to the Search Page
Return to the Agenda
Resolution - Community Development:
Consider a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute Amendment No. 1 to Community Development Funding Contract 15414, and all related documents, with Lutheran Social Services of the South, Inc. (LSSS), for the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) and Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES Act) ("CEAP-CV") administered by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), to assist low-income persons and households affected by COVID-19, in providing immediate utility assistance.
Amendment No. 1 increases the term to September 30, 2021, and increases the funding amount by $210,956 to $1,111,331.
• Grantee: Lutheran Social Services of the South, Inc. (Neighborhood House)
• Funding Source: 2020 CEAP-CV from TDHCA
• Use of Funds: Immediate utility assistance by paying for energy portion of bills and repair or replacement only of existing heating and cooling units for citizens of Lubbock County
• Original Allocation: $900,375
• Amended Allocation: $1,111,331
• Amended increase of funds: $210,956
• Original Terms: March 27, 2020 – July 30, 2021
• Amended Terms: March 27, 2020 – September 30, 2021
Amendment No. 1 for $210,956 increases the maximum funding amount to LSSS to $1,111,331 for the CEAP program, and there is no impact to the General Fund.
Bill Howerton, Deputy City Manager
Karen Murfee, Director of Community Development
1st Amendment 2020 CEAP CV COL to LSSS
AgendaQuick ©2005 - 2022 Destiny Software Inc.
All Rights Reserved.