|Resolution - Facilities Management: Consider a resolution authorizing the Mayor to execute Contract 16198, with Roofs, Inc., for roof replacement at Groves Library, located at 5520 19th Street, Lubbock, Texas.
|Scope of Work for this Project is as follows:
• Power wash the existing roof surface and allow to dry before any application of new roofing materials.
• Work shall include removal of any existing blisters or ridging in the existing modified bitumen roof membrane.
• Install new ½" per foot crickets as shown on the roof plan.
• Adhere specified ½" substrate board as specified.
• Adhere one ply of thermoplastic single ply fleece-backed membrane as specified.
• new miscellaneous carpentry and new prefinished gutter assembly as specified. Install new prefinished metal coping cap and flashing metal as specified.
• Provide new roller supports for existing piping above roof.
• Provide new cast iron strainers on all drain bowls.
• All work shall include all HVAC and electrical piping disconnects and reconnection as required to complete the project.
• All installation of new work shall be per NRCA, SMACNA, ASNI/SPRI, specifications, details and manufacturer's guidelines.
• Provide a 2-year contractors warranty and 20-year manufacturer's warranty.
In response ro RFP 22-16198-KM, six contractors submitted sealed proposals, but one proposal was incomplete, leaving five proposals that were evaluated and ranked in relation to the published selection criteria, pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Section 2269. The proposals ranged in price from $127,300 to $216,763.29, with construction time estimated between 20-45 days. The proposals were evaluated using the following criteria: Price (60), Contractor Qualifications (30), and Construction Time (10). The maximum point value is 100 points.
After the proposals were evaluated, the following ranking was obt
||Points (Possible 100)
|Roofs, Inc., Lubbock, Texas
|Schrader Roofing Company, Lubbock, Texas
|Lydick-Hooks Roofing Co., Lubbock, Texas
|Tecta America, LLC, Lubbock, Texas
|Trumble Construction, Texarkana, Texas
Texas Local Government Code, Section 2269 requires the City to select the offeror that offers the best value based on the published selection criteria and on its ranking evaluation. In determining the best value, the City is not restricted to considering price alone, and considers other factors stated in the selection criteria. The City and its engineer or architect may discuss with the selected offeror options for a scope or time modification and any price change associated with the modification.
Staff and Evaluation Committee recommends award to the most qualified proposer, Roofs Inc. of Lubbock, Texas, for $127,300, with time duration of 20 days for final completion, and liquidated damages of $250 per additional calendar day.
|Contract 16198, for $127,300, is funded in Capital Improvement Project 92359, Facility Roof Replacements.
|Bill Howerton, Deputy City Manager