NOTICE OF MEETING
CITY OF GARLAND, TEXAS
Work Session Room of City Hall
200 N. Fifth Street
December 20, 2022 at 1:30 p.m.
A meeting of the Audit Committee of the City of Garland, Texas will be held Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 1:30 p.m. at City Hall, 200 N. Fifth Street, in the Work Session Room, Garland, Texas.
|1.||Approval of September 30, 2022 Minutes|
|2.||Alarm Permitting Program Audit|
|3.||Take-Home Vehicles Audit|
|4.||FY/2023 Audit Plan|
GP&L Risk Oversight Committee Briefing (Sec. 551.086 and Sec. 552.133, Tex. Gov't Code - competitive matters)
NOTE: A quorum of the City Council may be in attendance and may or may not participate in the discussions of the Committee or board.
|NOTICE: The City Council may recess from the open session and convene in a closed executive session if the discussion of any of the listed agenda items concerns one or more of the following matters:
(1) Pending/contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s), and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct. Sec. 551.071, Tex. Gov't Code.
(2) The purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.072, Tex. Gov't Code.
(3) A contract for a prospective gift or donation to the City, if the deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person. Sec. 551.073, Tex. Gov't Code.
(4) Personnel matters involving the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear a complaint against an officer or employee. Sec. 551.074, Tex. Gov't Code.
(5) The deployment, or specific occasions for implementation of security personnel or devices. Sec. 551.076, Tex. Gov't Code.
(6) Discussions or deliberations regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the territory of the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations; or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect of the sort described in this provision. Sec. 551.087, Tex. Gov't Code.
(7) Discussions, deliberations, votes, or other final action on matters related to the City's competitive activity, including information that would, if disclosed, give advantage to competitors or prospective competitors and is reasonably related to one or more of the following categories of information: